Friday, February 10, 2012

Melt your Heart

Check out my Model Musing column on Look Books to find out why the beauty Hannah Holman loves the picture below and how she will melt your heart away.
xo

Model Musing: Hannah Holman

With a face that resembles a very young Kim Basinger, circa 9 1/2 Weeks, and a personality that will make even the hardest of hearts melt, the blonde beauty Hannah Holman has established herself as one of the most successful models in a very competitive industry. Out of the mountains of Utah, Hannah started modeling at the very young age of 13, but it wasn't until the agent Doll Wright spotted her, years later, that Hannah really had her break. Doll believed in Hannah's talents, promoted her to the top clients in the industry and landed her in the Fall/Winter 2010 Miu Miu campaign as well as an exclusive for that season in Paris. 
Since then Hannah has become a familiar face to the fashion crowd and has graced the pages of magazines like Vogue USA, as well as covers for French,Russh and Citizen K and a wide range of editorials from W and to 10and I-D. Even at the height of 5’8, Hannah walked the runways for heavy weights like Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs and Chanel among others; and shot campaigns for Marc by Marc Jacobs, See by Chloe, Moschino Cheap & Chic and landed a  fat contract for the fragrance, Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
Read on to hear why Holman finds this picutre a favorite.
Why do you love this picture?   
I was fairly new to the game so I didn't know what I was capable of .  When I saw how beautiful the photo was, I was proud and excited for my future in modeling.
Who took it?
An Australian photographer, Andrew O'Toole
How long did this shoot last? 
The shoot  was longer in the end than planned.  We were all having so much fun and couldn't stop.  We were greedy for more shots I suppose. 
Anything curious about the location, environment, weather, etc? 
I was in Australia in a hair salon, as it was a hair story for Harper's Bazaar Australia.   
Who else was in the crew? 
It was a small set up, especially towards the end when we stayed overtime. Hair was by Mathew Webb, who was the owner of the salon.
What were you thinking when it was taken? 
I was probably thinking too much!  
What direction did the photographer give you? 
He would let me move as I wished, which I love. It's very freeing and it clears the head.    
What was the theme of the shoot? 
Back then I didn't realize there were themes!  
What's your biggest challenge as a model?  
Balancing your real life with work.  Time fly's by so quickly and it's impossible to plan a holiday, because you'll most likely land a good job during that time. Murphy's law! 
Is there anything about the modeling career that you would change if you could? 
No more last minute/holiday spoiler/ confirmed night before jobs, because of thaplanning anything is a pain. 

Hannah Holman is represented by Ford Models and is also on TWITTER @HannahHol